Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Jeans refashion

I had this pair of jeans which were slightly too short and also too dark for my liking

I tie dyed them using bleach and added extensions on the bottoms, cut from the bottoms of an old pair of jeans.  I sewed this to the outside with the cut edge at the top and the original hem at the bottom so that they wouldn't need hemming.  I frayed the top raw edge of the added on pieces.


I love how the bleaching turned out but I think the bottom bits looks a bit drab in comparison and have thought about adding a trim to brighten them up and bring the look together, like these


You can read more about it here.

4 comments:

SaltandSalvage said...

I think these are really cool! I like the second trim (print), but I also like them just as they are. You turned a boring pair of jeans into something really special. I'll definitely be trying something like this!

SewingScientist said...

I think the 2nd trim really brings the look together. I'm also super impressed with how the tie-dying with bleach turned out! cool!

LOSTRETROMELBOURNE said...

Love the colours and all the new detail. You have taken a mainstream pair of jeans and turned them into something fabulous and individual.

Unknown said...

Love the change! Amazing what a difference some bleach can make, your added trims look fantastic too

Erica, EOD