Monday, December 24, 2012

Wrap Skirt to girls skirt

Made this sample length of paisley fabric into a wrap skirt ages ago. I didn't wear it much. It is alway difficult to work out how to sit or walk unhindered in the wind in these things!

I took the wrap skirt, cut off the waistband and ties, opened up the waist darts, sewed the wrap ends together as a seam, turned down the top about 2cm and put in elastic!

Later I had a rummage for more fabric to use for skirts. I wasn't sure if I had donated the rest of the paisley samples or not. Glad to find out they were still in the box in the cupboard. They are the same kind of sample fabric as the wrap skirt was made out of.

See? It is hand printed in Italy! I probably would have done more with it if brown was a colour that suited me.

The length in the top one is a bit short, and the other a bit long, so I think they are compatable enough to add a band of the one to the other.

Have a Happy Christmas!

1 comment:

La La Lauren!!! said...

Nice skirt! love the fabric!

Lauren
EOD