Thursday, March 21, 2013

Tucking in




I bought this lovely silk Chinese style blouse from the charity shop, but as you can see it was too big for me.
I sewed two pin tucks on either side which run up the front, over the shoulders and down the back.  This took nearly an inch off each shoulder and took the body part in by over three inches.  It's got splits at the sides with the fancy knotted buttons which I didn't want to mess with, so I just took the sides in a little bit, tapering them towards the bottom, and shortened it.  I also shortened the sleeves.


You can see more photos here.


4 comments:

Unknown said...

It fit's much better now - amazing sometimes how little it takes to make clothes fit perfectly :-)
Eddie EOD

Sandy said...

wow, what a difference! WEel done.
Sandy in the UK

Unknown said...

OMG!
Great refashion!
MammaNene

SergerPepepr.blogspot.it

Lovenicky said...

What a great idea and it looks so good on you! I have a similar blouse that is too big on me. You have inspired me to do the same!