Sunday, September 22, 2013

'It is unoaked, but personally I'd go with the Sauvignon Blanc'.


I have a confession.

I can’t resist the first class sleep suits of any airline, especially this ‘un. 

Some people see frumpy PJs. I see free fabric. And something in which I can wrap my Barossa finds to get them home safe.

'Course those bottles would be full of shiraz.




This is a two-sewn-seams-after-a-reasonable-bit-of-cutting project which took aboooout fifteen minutes once I got the elastic out of the waist. 

The lovely Dorothea, -- who is hard to reach these days (no, really: the craft room is a sty and in the midst of a makeover so it was like going on safari to get to her and my machine earlier) -- will model for us this afternoon:







At present the edges of my version are left raw. I imagine they will stay that way since this isn’t really anything I’d wear out of the house, but -- having said that -- I fancy making one out of a better quality knit so I could do just that.

A week from tomorrow sees me adventuring out to Goldhawk Road before my flight home. Himself and I are going to the Vikings/Steelers game and I’ve opted to spend most of Monday in our old city while he flies back up to work first thing. Anybody got a favorite shop out there in the wilds of Shepherds Bush for 60 inch/150cm jersey/knits that they'd care to share with me? 

IWOM

PS - You can do a short sleeve version of this project with two Ts instead. Head on over to Wobisobi for a good tutorial (NB: hers is worn with a third T of the same color!).  

2 comments:

Heather said...

Hey, I'll be at the game with hubby, too! If you wanna scope out fabric for a couple of hours, let me know!

IWOM said...

OCTOBER 1 UPDATE:

Shop Goldhawk Road with the IWOM: go home with BAGS of fabulous bargains!

However, since anything made won't fall under our brief here --something new to wear made out of old clothes -- y'all won't get to see my creations until it comes time to RE-make them!

(Probably won't be all that long).

IWOM