Wednesday, February 12, 2014

From Flappy into Fitted... a blouse remade!

Hello!! You'll have to forgive me if there are lots of exclamation marks in this post, it's my first for the Refashion Co-op, and I'm mega-excited!! Honestly, the posts on here are so inspiring, and I'm in awe of everyone's talent... so as a newbie it's a 'little' terrifying posting here, PLEASE share any tips you might have on how I could have done things differently, or better - sometimes being mostly self-taught is like feeling your way around in the dark... THANK-YOU in advance! 

(I promise there will be less of the exclamations from here on in...)

It's VERY cold here (in London) at the moment, and the UK in general is going through some very turbulent, changeable weather... but I'm hopeful I'll get some wear out of this blouse I refashioned last summer, when the weather picks up in a few months' time...

In the before pic, you can see it had long sleeves that were turned up, held loosely in place with tab/buttons. The sleeves were a little irritating, flapping about, constantly looking different lengths - and therefore a little bit messy... but I was loathed to chuck it out because of the cute bird print, and the fact it's quite a versatile & easy to wear... So, I made a couple of refashioning decisions, and was left with...




For the extended version of what happened with this refashioning, please visit my blog, Sequins and Slippers, and share your thoughts and tips, while you're there! This was one of the first ever refashionings I tried, and for that reason you'll see I'm at the start of my journey (still am, relatively-speaking!)... 
Thanks for reading! Gema x

17 comments:

Sandy said...

Love the new look. Especially the cheerful buttons!
Sandy in the UK

Unknown said...

Hi Gema,

Congratulations on starting here at refashion co-op. Your self taught talent is amazing and to turn a run-of-the-day blouse into a fashionable top with a few tweaks is inspiring not just to experienced people but also beginners.

I love your blog and the enthusiasm you bring to it.

Keep up the great work and I can't wait to see your future projects

Carl x

Andrea said...

Beautiful! Welcome and awesome job! I love the look and those buttons!!!! Do you have any more you want to send me? ;) Seriously, cute!

Maria said...

Wow, great job! It's not my style at all but I really like it!

Adele said...

Oh wow. You made the perfect choice. The new blouse is stunning!

Adele - EOD

Jennifer Elliott said...

Welcome! I love love love the pattern of the shirt. Very retro, but the refashion makes it current and so very cute. I love it!

Unknown said...

The new sleeves are simply stunning! So dreamy and put together! Brava!

Gema said...

I'm thrilled with all your comments, thank-you for being so supportive! What a lovely community this is :D x

Anonymous said...

I love it! It has a vintage vibe like the 60's. Great job!

Gema said...

Thank you Sandy- they're jolly aren't they? :)

Gema said...

Thank you Carl, as supportive as ever :) Really, much appreciated!

Gema said...

Thank you for the welcome! :) Actually... I may well have a couple left, if you're serious? In white! :) Thank-you Andrea x

Gema said...

Thank you Maria... Not sure it's mine either, TBH, but it's more now than it was ;)

Gema said...

Thank you Adele! I was feeling around in the dark a bit, but it's all a learning process isn't it? :)

Gema said...

That's so kind of you to say, Jennifer- thank you! x

Gema said...

Thank you Julie! I was greatly helped by the fabric, hangs well (covering mistakes perfectly!) Brava indeed ;)

Gema said...

I'm a sucker for vintage, any era to be honest!! Thank you Marie :)