Thursday, October 30, 2014

Linen skirt refashion with lace

I found a too big skirt that was made of linen. I had no idea why I got linen because I actually hate linen because it gets wrinkled so fast.  I took awhile to figure out what I wanted to do with it. I disliked the buttons and pockets. I had a piece of lace that was a curtain that I figured I would cover up those pockets and hide the fact I was wearing linen.

I dyed the lace with purple iDYE. Then I attached it to the skirt, I cut off the linen skirt and made it shorter. I also took a little of the A-line out of the skirt to accommodate the lace. What I had leftover was this cute 2 color lace and linen skirt. And all those darn linen wrinkles were hidden. Success.

More information and pictures on my blog here. :)

Cheers,
Lauren

1 comment:

jennifer elliott said...

I like that linen is lightweight and breezy but I hate that it wrinkles so easily! Nice refashion!

Jennifer Elliott, EOD