Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Fifty Shades of Grey Refashion (Minus 47)


This refashion is a combination of three old clothing pieces: a nightgown, a sleeveless tee, and a pair of men's pants. In three different shades of grey. Since the sleeveless tee fit well, I just crafted sleeves from the nightgown and sewed them onto the tee. But because the two shades of grey didn't match, the top looked odd. So I cut out circles from the extra nightgown fabric and a thrifted pair of men's pants to create a more interesting color palette and appliqued them to the top. More info here.

3 comments:

Annikins said...

It looks good, a great way of tying it all together

cfort82 said...

Love your title. I have a 50 shades minus 48 project going myself. :-) Yours looks great.

Cindy - EOD
Upcycled Design Lab

katboulder said...

Thanks! I appreciate your kind comments!