Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Refashion an Enormous House Dress into a Shirt with Bell Sleeves


I scored this enormous house dress for $3 at the thrift store.  I loved the embroidered sleeves, but it was getting lost in the rest of the dress.  My original plan was to take in the sides and shorten the bottom, but the neckline and shoulders were too wide to work with.  I was better off upcycling this dress with a pattern.  I heard good things about Colette Patterns and bought the Laurel pattern.



I made the following modifications to the pattern:
  1. Used a neck facing instead of a lining
  2. Took in the sides
  3. Modified the sleeves into bell sleeves
For more upcycling tips and projects, visit my blog www.pivotpointpatterns.com




2 comments:

cfort82 said...

Such a cute top. I love the sleeves glad you were able to save them.

Cindy - EOD
Upcycled Design Lab

. said...

Ahh, now that is not only clever but cute!