Thursday, September 29, 2016

The Baggy Skirt

Hello Refashion Co-op. I did a run through the thrift store recently. (It was 10 items for $10, I couldn't resist!) I found this outfit but the skirt was too big. I took it anyway because I loved the color so much. And the top had great fall colors but was right for the 90 degree weather we were having that week. 

There was some cute stitching details on both sides and I would normally use the side seams to resize a skirt that was too big. Instead, I made a new seam up the back of the skirt. A lot of skirts have a seam in the middle of the back, I figured it wouldn't really be noticed.


If you look below, you can see the new seam. It is pretty subtle, especially after some quick ironing. Summer heat tends to stick around my part of the world for a while, so here is my new favorite "hot" Fall outfit. Not bad for $2 bucks.


Happy sewing everyone!

2 comments:

jennifer elliott said...

That is a super cute go-to outfit for warm days. I love it.

Jennifer, EOD

I Can Work With That said...

Thanks Jennifer! I hoped the weather would change soon.
Chickie