Thursday, April 20, 2017

Easter Dress and a Bolero

Every Easter I like to wear a "new" dress to church. I bought this Maxi Dress (for .99 cents) and intended to wear it as-is, but there was a little problem...

A lil too much skin in the back...

I decided to cut some length off from the dress and make a Bolero shrug to cover the crochet.


I've been on a Maxi Dress kick for a while, but I do like the new high/low hem. Sometimes Maxi dresses can be too hot in the Summer.


What I like the most about this bolero is that it's completely optional. Instead of inserting a modesty panel in the back that I would've been stuck with permanently, I can wear or not wear the bolero (to fit the mood of my modesty du jour) :)




I hope everyone had a great Easter!

Click here if you'd like to see my full tutorial

~Laura




4 comments:

TheRefashStash said...

I love this!!!! The color looks beautiful on you as well :)

-TheRefashStash

whatthesew said...

The bolero adds flexibility, great idea.

I Can Work With That said...

Great dress style on you. I love the high low. It really looks great on you. The bolero is great for church, or anytime you don't want bare shoulders. So pretty.
Chickie EOD

Erica Moody said...

That's fantastic! I tried making one of those before but it came out too snug. I think using part of a dress was perfect.