Tuesday, August 08, 2017

A Tale of Two Tops

vintage style pinafore tops by karen vallerius

The pinafore-esque theme to my stashbusting continues and the latest makes are two little tops (could be worn as prairie inspired pinnies) created from sections cut from the skirt of an 80s Laura Ashley cotton lawn frock with embroidered tray cloth collars.

The top on the right is pieced using a cute check in pink and grey saved from a shirt, and more Laura Ashley scraps for the pocket.

vintage style pinafore tops by karen vallerius

And then I was left with a table of scraps which set me thinking. what next???  Check out my blog here for more pics.

vintage fabric scraps by karen vallerius

Happy sewing everyone.
Karen x

3 comments:

eimear said...

love these, great combinations

I Can Work With That said...

This is so pretty. I almost missed seeing it. The colors work so well together. Great job!
Chickie EOD

harada57 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.