Saturday, February 10, 2018

Daddy's sleeves = son's shorts

I know I've been silent for quite a while. I had plans to make at least one refashion every month but things haven't exactly gone as I hoped to, and I haven't been able to keep up with my goals. 

Indeed I did a few refashions that I haven't posted yet, but they are rather boring and simple refashions so I've been wondoring if I should share them or not. I guess I will. Starting with these shorts I made for my son out of the sleeves of his dad's shirt. The patches from the elbows, turned into knee patches. I used a pattern to make them, the Orbis Skinny Harem by Sofilantjes Patterns, I just love the design. For the waist and leg bands I used scraps of rib knit that I saved from some men hoodies I refashioned into stage outfits for a local metal band, a couple of years ago. 


So sorry I don't have the original shirt's photo!

1 comment:

I Can Work With That said...

This is so smart and very cute too. I love it. What a great use of "extra" material.
Chickie EOD